How to refer your patients to the service
Referrals will only be accepted via Hounslow Referral Facilitation Service. Any Red flag conditions should be sent directly to secondary care eye A&E/Casualty. Should a direct referral be made to us, it will be returned to the referrer.
- Any onward referral into secondary care for patients requiring specialist hospital intervention should continue to only be sent via Hounslow Referral Facilitation Service.
- Patients who meet any of the following conditions are not appropriate for referral and therefore not covered in this service:
- Patients not registered with Hounslow GPs;
- Patients requiring treatment that should be provided under a standard GMS or PMS or GOS contract;
- Patients with suspected cancer (should continue to be referred direct to the hospital under the ‘two week rule’ on appropriate NWL referral documentation);
- Referrals for Diabetic retinal screening service;
- Emergency eye conditions requiring intervention at hospital setting;
- Any patient that has received eye surgery at a Hospital Eye Service within the previous 6 weeks.