How to refer your patients to the service
Routine referrals should be sent via NHS e-Referral (eRS) and urgent (non-emergency) referrals should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any Red flag conditions should be sent directly to secondary care A&E/Casualty.
Patients who meet any of the following conditions are not appropriate for referral and therefore not covered in this service:
- Patients not registered with a Hounslow GP;
- Patients requiring treatment that should be provided under a standard GMS or PMS or GOS contract;
- Patients with suspected cancer (should continue to be referred direct to the hospital under the ‘two-week rule’ on appropriate NWL referral documentation);
- Referrals for Diabetic retinal screening service;
- Emergency eye conditions requiring intervention at hospital setting;
- Any patient that has received eye surgery at a Hospital Eye Service within the previous 6 weeks.